Insite Telecom is currently seeking an experienced Field Supervisor based in greater Los Angeles. The Field Supervisor plans, directs, and coordinates project activities involved with the construction, maintenance, and repair of wireless telecommunication construction projects, with oversight responsibilities for bidding, organizing, and implementing the project to meet company deadlines and project budget.
- Works with the Project Manager and Client to plan, organize and direct activities concerning telecommunications projects, successfully resolving any problems that develop.
- Establishes project objectives, procedures and performance standards within the boundaries of company policy and client specifications. Researches and obtains job specific information, scope of work, materials, equipment and documentation for each assigned project.
- Coordinates formal bids and RFPs. Conducts site audits to evaluate and identify issues affecting proposal. Prepares proposals within established company targets to increase revenue and earn profit. Checks estimates for completeness and accuracy and submits proposals promptly to the client.
- Initiates and maintains communications with all stakeholders to facilitate project activities.
- Responsible for completing project on schedule and within budget.
- Investigates any potentially serious situations and implements corrective measures within the boundaries of company policy and client specifications.
- Documents installation issues for written methods of procedure.
- Represents the company in project meetings and attends strategy meetings.
- Coordinates procurement of materials, tools, and equipment to safely complete work which meets or exceeds company and client quality standards, while working within an assigned budget and schedule.
- Ensures that all necessary permits are obtained and kept active for the duration of the project. Schedules any necessary inspections for successful project completion.
- Supervises a crew of 2-6 installers at the warehouse and on job sites. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include participating in interviewing and selecting employees, training, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding, coaching and disciplining employees; setting performance goals; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and documenting personnel issues and training achievements.
- Interprets and explains project plans and terms to crew.
- Conduct regular equipment safety inspections and maintain records of inspections. Immediately correct any deficiencies discovered during inspections and document corrections.
- Assigns tasks to crew to ensure efficient, successful job completion and satisfactory housekeeping standards.
- Performs pre/post job walks with crew/subcontractors/landlords to identify safety issues, SOW issues, compliance issues and completion estimates.
- Conducts quality audits upon completion of project and ensures that any defects are corrected prior to client handover.
- Formulates all necessary reports concerning projects, work progress, costs and scheduling. Maintains necessary records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, quality, performance, inventory, etc. and compiles data for internal reports.
- Maintains a variety of material, supplies, equipment, tools and other items required for successful completion of the project required by the Company. Maintains lists of vendors supplying items and negotiates for acceptable pricing levels. Contacts vendors to obtain information relative to product, pricing and ability of vendor to produce product or service and meet delivery date. Obtains written proposals from vendors and subcontractors.
- Checks all invoices to ensure correct pricing (per quote) and verifies that materials or services ordered have been received and invoiced correctly. Keeps records pertaining to items purchased, costs and delivery. Examines condition of materials received for condition and accuracy and promptly reports any inconsistencies or defects.
- Directly responsible for maintaining positive customer relations and successfully resolving customer complaints and issues.
- Conducts and documents regular tailgate safety meetings and actively participates in regular Company safety meetings.
- Accurately records documentation critical to daily operations, including site audit notes, daily progress reports, employee feedback and coaching, quality checklists, employee training records and incident reports, RFQs and close out packages.
- Coordinates, prepares and distributes project close out paperwork and photos promptly to facilitate timely invoicing.
- Communicates to all stakeholders necessary project information, changes to scopes of work, changes in schedules, safety issues, and/or any issues that may affect personnel, client relationships, projects or Company.
- Climbs and works at elevated heights on communications towers and rooftops, using proper safety equipment, for the purpose of installing, replacing and repairing antenna systems equipment and performing routine maintenance.
- Must have the physical ability and willingness to work above ground at excessive heights on tower structures, rooftops and equipment such as bucket trucks and/or man-lifts. Must be able to safely climb and efficiently complete scopes of work at elevated heights, on various structures, including, but not limited to communications towers, monopole towers, water towers, stealth towers and rooftops.
- Complies with and enforces all company policies and procedures as well as legal and regulatory requirements.
- Must be able to read, comprehend and accurately follow and interpret instructions and complete the assigned course of action in accordance with scope of work and methods of procedures (MOP) and track work via checklists.
- Must be able to read customer blueprints and execute the scope of work per customer specifications.
- Develops and maintains a positive company image by providing superior customer service, ensuring all essential job functions are performed in a timely, efficient, accurate, and safe manner, and by maintaining a professional demeanor at all times.
- Must have computer proficiency, including proficiency with all Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to maintain all required technical and safety training certifications, including ComTrain certification in Tower Climbing Safety and Rescue.
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours (i.e., shift work), to include nights and weekends, when needed. Must be able to travel overnight for extended periods of time, up to 70 percent of time. Must be willing to put in the necessary time to achieve objectives.
- Must have advanced experience with hand tools, power tools and industry test equipment.
- Must have the ability to clearly and accurately document time and expenses, as required and turn in all required paperwork to meet deadlines.
- Must maintain a clean, insurable driving record and active California driver’s license in order to operate a Company vehicle.
- Must demonstrate responsibility for company and customer property.
- Punctuality and reliable attendance are extremely critical to this position.
- Must successfully demonstrate proficiency in all essential requirements of the Senior Installer position.
Physical Demands of the Job
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
The employee must be in good physical condition with the ability to stand, walk, bend, twist, squat, and lift and carry up to 75 pounds regularly throughout the shift. The employee must be able to pull his or her own body weight, plus equipment weight up a vertical tower, or onto a rooftop, repeatedly for long periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 75 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear and is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee must have the ability to climb ladders and steep staircases. The employee must be able to perform repetitive movements regularly and be able to push and pull materials and equipment for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be willing to work in all types of weather conditions, including severe heat, cold, rain, and wind. Must be able to work under adverse conditions (e.g., elevated heights, inclement weather, remote site locations, etc.) and be able to drive or ride for long distances on and off road. Must be able to work with fiberglass.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.