InSite Telecom is currently seeking an experienced field technician / installer in Orange, CA. This position completes the scopes of work assigned, while ensuring that all safety and quality expectations are met. The Installer will work under the supervision of a Crew Leader or Supervisor and will assist with the construction, installation, maintenance and repair of antenna systems, communication towers and support structures.
- Climbs and works at elevated heights on communications towers and rooftops, using proper safety equipment, for the purpose of installing, replacing and repairing antenna systems equipment and performing routine maintenance.
- Must have the physical ability and willingness to work above ground at excessive heights on tower structures, rooftops and equipment such as bucket trucks and/or man-lifts.
- Must be able to demonstrate advanced climbing skills, safely and efficiently completing scopes of work at elevated heights, on various structures, including, but not limited to communications towers, monopole towers, water towers, stealth towers and rooftops.
- Must be able to maintain ComTrain certification in Tower Climbing Safety and Rescue. Level II Installers should earn and maintain required safety and technical certifications, including: RF Safety Awareness, First Aid/CPR, OSHA Construction Safety, man-lift operations, rigging, etc.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures as well as legal and regulatory requirements. Maintains a clean, safe and orderly environment and adheres to all Company, client and industry safety standards and regulations.
- Must be able to read & interpret various documents (construction drawings, blueprints, diagrams, manufacturer specifications, etc.) to ensure proper installation of antenna systems using technical expertise and knowledge of the scope of work and customer specifications.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of client specific scopes of work and their requirements and specifications, as well as Company Installation Standards and Procedures.
- Develops and maintains a positive company image by providing superior customer service, ensuring all essential job functions are performed in a timely, efficient, accurate, and safe manner, and by maintaining a professional demeanor at all times.
- Demonstrates intermediate computer skills, with a working knowledge of email and all Microsoft produces, including proficient use of photo editing software. Acknowledges and replies promptly to Company correspondence.
- Demonstrates effective, professional communication skills in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Completes all project-related and company documentation, including quality checklists, site photos, test results, daily work reports, basic close out packages, timesheets, and turns in all paperwork to meet established deadlines.
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours (i.e., shift work), to include nights and weekends, when needed. Must be able to travel overnight for extended periods of time, up to 70 percent of time.
- Must have the ability to use hand tools, power tools and industry test equipment and to identify parts and materials related to the industry.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull 75 pounds.
- Must have the ability to learn and retain physical and mechanical installation specifications.
- Must be willing to work in a variety of extreme weather conditions for long periods of time
- Must understand the principles and procedures involved with inspection of physical structures, and maintain the proper care and use of personal protective equipment (e.g., hard hat, full-body harness, steel-toed boots, etc.) and hand and power tools.
- Must be able to demonstrate intermediate OSP installation standards and practices.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of alarms and how to troubleshoot issues (VSWR, RSSI, RET Failure, DU Port Design, Node B, Plots, Status Checks, CCU/MCU. Basic understanding of test equipment – PIM, Anritsu, Fiber, etc.
- Exhibits understanding of customer requirements for site access to successfully enter, secure and exit each property, including following log-in and log-out procedures, notifying proper personnel, arming and disarming sites, documentation of issues and complying with customer’s site access policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand service impacting vs. non-service impacting changes to the site.
- Intermediate understanding of rigging, capstan operations and crane/signaling.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Cad welding.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safely working with live RF systems.
- Effectively utilizes available resources, technology, and tools to complete work. Understand and be able to identify the materials and tool requirements for any scope of work and be able to identify materials to be stocked on company trucks and in the warehouse.
- Must maintain good housekeeping, at the shop, in company vehicles and at client job sites, which requires cleaning, sweeping, and trash removal.
- Maintain a clean, insurable driving record and active California driver’s license in order to operate a Company vehicle.
- Must demonstrate responsibility for company and customer property, reporting all incidents of damage immediately.
- Punctuality and reliable attendance are extremely critical to this position.
- Successfully demonstrates essential job requirements of Installer, Level I.
Physical Demands of the Job
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
The employee must be in good physical condition with the ability to stand, walk, bend, twist, squat, and lift and carry up to 75 pounds regularly throughout the shift. The employee must be able to pull his or her own body weight, plus equipment weight up a vertical tower, or onto a rooftop, repeatedly for long periods of time (6-8 hours per day). The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 75 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. The employee must have the ability to climb ladders and steep staircases. The employee must be able to perform repetitive movements regularly (6-8 hours per day) and be able to push and pull materials and equipment 6-8 hours per day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be willing to work in all types of weather conditions, including severe heat, cold, rain, and wind. Must be able to work under adverse conditions (e.g., elevated heights, inclement weather, remote site locations, etc.) and be able to drive or ride for long distances on and off road, while towing trailer. Must be able to work with fiberglass. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to cold, heat, direct sunlight, dirt, hazardous mechanical/electrical equipment and wiring, underground spaces, elevated heights, irregular or slippery surfaces, noise exposure and fiberglass.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.